A long-time supporter of the arts, Sachs Properties has spearheaded the attraction of various community and arts-oriented institutions to Chesterfield Village.
Simon Ybarra "Woman with Birds"
- Stages St. Louis Performing Arts Center and Academy, opening 2010, will be located on 7.5 acres of land donated by Sachs Properties. The 83,000 square foot cultural complex will contain a 730 seat main stage theatre, a 200 seat second stage, and expansion room for a future 299 seat theatre.
- The West County YMCA contains a community theater where community and professional groups perform.
- The Jewish Community Center built a West County facility in Chesterfield Village.
- Chesterfield Arts, established in 1995, dedicated its first public sculpture in early 1997. Since that time the organization has coordinated the acquisition and placement of over 15 world-class sculptures. This showcase of public art includes the work of George Rickey, Ernest Trova, William King, and Emilio Greco. Chesterfield Arts also presents a diverse mix of performing arts programs in music, dance and theater at various venues within the community.
- Faust Park provides a variety of free concerts, festivals, camps and other educational and social programs year round. It is also the home to the Sophia B. Sachs Butterfly House and St. Louis Carousel.
- The Samuel C. Sachs Branch of the St. Louis County Library is located in Chesterfield Village on a 3-acre site. The library houses over 50,000 books and provides public programming, such as lectures, story times, reading clubs and videos.
St. Louis, Missouri
St. Louis County, Missouri